Posted 6 Feb 2022
PARTICIPANTS NEEDED FOR A RESEARCH PROJECT ON AGING PROCESS AND REGIMENTED HYPERTROPHY TRAINING
We are looking for volunteers to participate in a 12 weeks research project with exercise program aiming at muscle mass preservation and development among adults.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Young and middle-aged adults (30-50 years old).
- Resides at Tanjung Malim and surrounding areas and able to attend sessions at UPSI (Proton City).
TESTING AND DATA COLLECTION
- Physical activity readiness
- Basic assessment
- Muscle architecture using ultrasound imaging
- Muscle activity using electromyography (EMG).
- Heart rate responses using heart rate monitor watch.
*All testing will be made on individual basis in accordance with current Covid-19 SOP
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION;
- Trainer guided fitness program and assessment.
- Expert advise and consultation on exercise and physical fitness.
- Research code FRGS2021-1-394530
- Research ethics approval number 2021-0225-01
Register your interest or get more info by contacting us through the Contact Form or direct email as below.
Pre-Exercise Questionnaire (PAR-Q)
ARE YOU READY TO BE PHYSICALLY ACTIVE?
Movement competency screening for strength training: squat, lunge & twist, bend & pull, push-up, and single leg squat. Trainer's scoring sheet.
Strength: 6RM squat, 6RM bench press, 6RM deadlift & 6RM bent-over-row.
Metabolic: 1 Minute Squat
Energy balance and nutritional intake assessment by qualified nutritionist.